FantaMorph 4.1 is Now Available!

This forum is used for version update notices.
fantam
Site Admin

FantaMorph 4.1 is Now Available!

Post by fantam »

Dear All,
Happy New Year!
FantaMorph version 4.1 is now available. Version 4.1 includes following new features:

Export Transparent Animated GIF - Now you can export a transparent morph to a transparent animated gif file. Only available in FantaMorph Deluxe.
Export Screen Saver with Sound - Now you can export a morph with sound/music to a screen saver.
Supports MP3 Files - Now you can import MP3 files as movie sound effect.
Edit Dots with Connected Lines - Now when you copy/paste/save/load some dots, all the connected lines will be processed together with the dots.
Camera Rotates by Center - Now the camera rotates by the center of the frame instead of the top left corner. This makes more convenient to control the camera movement.
Insert a Dot on a Line - When you place a new dot on a line segment, the dot will be inserted into the line.
Generate Corresponding Dots on Suitable Positions - When you add a dot on a source image, the program will automatically generate a corresponding dot on a more suitable position on the opposite source image.
Use SHIFT/ALT Key to Add/Subtract Selection - Now you can hold the SHIFT/ALT key to add/subtract the dots selection.
Use Arrow Keys to Move Selection - Now you can use arrow keys to move selected dots, camera, caption, effect, etc.
Export by Sequence Range - Now you can export a sequence range of a multiple morph.
Recent Projects Hotlinks on Project Wizard - Now you can quickly load one of the three recent projects by clicking a hotlink on the project wizard.

Trial users can download the new setup program FantaMorphSetup.exe. FantaMorph 4.0 users can update to version 4.1 by downloading the main program FantaMorph.exe.

pete baratta

Re: FantaMorph 4.1 is Now Available!

Post by pete baratta »

Hi, I've got the SE edition 3.7.1...what would be the cost of upgrading to the 4.1? I'm well out of warrantee. Also, is it worth getting the 4.1 SE (if available) or the Pro?...thanx, Pete.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

pete baratta wrote:Hi, I've got the SE edition 3.7.1...what would be the cost of upgrading to the 4.1? I'm well out of warrantee. Also, is it worth getting the 4.1 SE (if available) or the Pro?...thanx, Pete.
Hi, Pete,
I have just sent you the upgrade guide as a private message. Please check it.

chiggerspook

Post by chiggerspook »

Hello,I just purchased what I believe is version 4.0 a couple of weeks ago. Do I actually have 4.1, or can I get the 4.1 upgrade? I certainly would have purchased the latest version if I had known what the latest version was. Thanks

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

The latest version is now 4.2.
You actually can upgrade to the latest version up to 4.99 for free. Just download the setup program from http://www.fantamorph.com/download/FantaMorphSetup.exe and reinstall.

ukzlocj

Post by ukzlocj »

I see from this post that Fantamorph 4.2 is now available. Was it not worthy of a separate announcment? Can you itemise the changes from 4.1, or were they just 'bug fixes' ?

I also see from your replies to other posts that version 5 is imminent. Please let me know if you need any beta testing.

Thanks in anticipation.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Version 4.2 is mainly a 'bug fixes' update. It is always recommended to update to the latest version because it works better.
In fact, the coming version 5 will include the 'Auto Update' feature so that you don't need to care about the version changes.
I'll post an announcment when version 5 beta is available.