Saving to file problems

Users can post any error messages or bugs that they find with the software for other users to discuss and provide a work around if any.

Peter

Saving to file problems

Post by Peter »

Hi first time using Fantasoft and having problems trying to save to file and then re-opening it again.

I'm giving it a name to go into my hard drive file which is saved ok, but when I try to open it up next time it's saying file is corrupt or error and not found, showing instead a totally new bmp extension and title which I've never seen before so the file and all work is lost.... I've tried finding the bmp file in my computer search files but nothing.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong please ?

Thanks

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Saving to file problems

Post by fantam »

Just note that the source image files you import into FantaMorph are not embeded in the project file, so please don't move, delete or rename them even if the project is saved ok, or else FantaMorph can't locate the original image files.

Peter

Post by Peter »

OK thanks. Is it still possible to retrieve the files or are they gone for good ?

Also how do you remove all the old dots when in a new sequence ?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Yes, it is still possible to retrieve the files if you still have them.
For example, when you load a saved project and meet the error "The source image file c:\folder1\myfile.jpg is missing or corrupt. Do you want to locate it?" just choose "Yes", then locate the replacement file c:\folder1\newfile.jpg or c:\folder2\myfile.jpg due to you renamed myfile.jpg to newfile.jpg, or moved it to another folder c:\folder2 after you saved the project.

Choose the Edit/Clear All menu to remove all the old dots.

Peter

Post by Peter »

Thanks for your help. I've tried one or two other products in the past for long pencil drawing animation sequencies and so far much prefer Fantamorph as it's good fun though still learning. Really like the Preview screen as it's a hard job sometimes trying to link different body positions between Image 1 and 2, especially arms and legs !!
fantam wrote:Yes, it is still possible to retrieve the files if you still have them.
For example, when you load a saved project and meet the error "The source image file c:\folder1\myfile.jpg is missing or corrupt. Do you want to locate it?" just choose "Yes",
1). I'd already clicked on Yes but nothing's appearing ?

2). I'm also trying to load 2 completed sequencies into Image Sequence Packer but I can only find .png files which I don't know what to do with ? Also there's several entries with .fnp and .bmp ?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

1). I'd already clicked on Yes but nothing's appearing ?
Can you please send this project file (a .fmp file) to support@fantamorph.com? We'll find out.
2). I'm also trying to load 2 completed sequencies into Image Sequence Packer but I can only find .png files which I don't know what to do with ? Also there's several entries with .fnp and .bmp ?
You should export the completed sequencies as Image Sequence first, then load the exported images to Image Sequence Packer, learn more about How to Use Image Sequence Packer.

Peter

Post by Peter »

Can you please send this project file (a .fmp file) to support@fantamorph.com? We'll find out.
Unfortunately I can't find the file anywhere but will send another if it happens again.

Great product and very enjoyable so far ! :D

Peter

Post by Peter »

HI again,

All going well but as I was about to Export swf movie, I noticed in the preview panel that the smooth transition from Image 1 to 2 had suddenly disappeared and was now split up into fragments from start to finish, like broken glass....

Is there anyway to restore the original smooth sequence ?

Thanks

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Did you encounter similar problems on other projects? If the problem only occurred on a particular project, please send us the project, we'll find out.

Peter

Post by Peter »

I think it happened once before but couldn't remember why or what caused it as I was still learning.

This time it was the usual smooth Preview ok from Image 1 to 2, but I think because I couldn't remember what I'd done previously in adding sequences I tried adding sequence 5 to the previous 4 by clicking on "Link Sequence", which I think might have then caused the movie in Preview to break up completely. When "Paused" It looked a bit like a broken pane of glass on the floor, shattered. In the end I gave up and had to delete it unfortunately.

What is "Link Sequence" used for ?

Thanks.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Now I knew the fragments problem you met is just caused by "Link Sequence".

When you create a sequence morph from image A to image B, then image B to image C, you can use "Link Sequence" to have image B in the second sequence is completely same as the image B in the first sequence, not only image itself, but also the key dots on the image.

So, there might be problem if you don't place key dots in the same order. For example, in the first sequence A to B, you place dot #1 on the left eye, dot #2 on the right eye, but in the second sequence B to C, you may place dot #1 on the right eye, dot #2 on the left eye, the morph now runs smoothly.

Now, if you click "Link Sequence", in the second sequence B to C, image B will have the same dots of image B in the first sequence A to B, that means dot #1 will be on the left eye, dot #2 on the right eye. However, on image C, dot #1 is still on the right eye, dot #2 is still on the left eye, this conflicting dot order will certainly cause the morph B to C split up into fragments and look "like a broken pane of glass on the floor".

How to avoid this problem? You just need to adjust the dots on image C after use "Link Sequence", or else never use "Link Sequence" if you are not sure you place key dots on all images in the same order.

Peter

Post by Peter »

Great thanks got it !

Does this mean that if you ever click on "Link Sequence" by mistake in the future, you've got to start again or can it be reversed ? Such as with an "Undo" button ?

Probably best to save a spare copy in case....

Enjoying it all enormously and although I'm still making lots of mistakes and struggling to understand things, I will definitely buy the pro version !! :D

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

For now, all actions between sequences are not undone. We plan to add "undo" for these actions, Add/Delete/Link/Duplicate Sequence etc., in the next version.

Peter

Post by Peter »

The "Undo" addition sounds very useful any idea when it's likely to appear, or will it be included as an Update ?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

It would be available in the next release, version 6, in the next year.
Thank you for your patience.