New versions

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
ukzlocj

New versions

Post by ukzlocj »

Thanks for making Fantamorph 4.0.5 available. Would it be possible to provide information about what fixes/features are new in each update - possibly via a link from the downloads page and the product announcement part of the forums ? This would help me and other customers decide whether to download it or wait for a more major update. Also, could news of new versions be put on the forum at the time of release - I regularly scan the forums for new posts and only noticed this new version because I went to the downloads page by accident.

Many thanks

fantam
Site Admin

Re: New versions

Post by fantam »

Version 4.0.5 is a minor update "may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes".
However, if you need to create very large project with hundreds of source images, I suggest that you update to version 4.0.5 because it improved the memory usage so that you can load much more images into a single project.
Thank you for your suggestions. We will post a release note on the forum once a major update is available.

ukzlocj

Post by ukzlocj »

Many thanks for the information. Would it be possible to advise by e-mail when a new upgrade is available - it would save me having to check the forums on a regular basis? Maybe you could e-mail those users who have registered with you, I know you have their e-mail addresses, although perhaps the registration process should allow users to opt in for receiving updates by e-mail.

Any news of 4.1 ?

thanks in advance

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Thank you for your suggestion. In fact, we are considering adding the auto update feature in the next version.
Version 4.1 will be available in the next month.