Problem with morph type

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
rhsimard

Problem with morph type

Post by rhsimard »

I am using FantaMorph 4.1. Deluxe. This came up when I tried to do a morph with an image with an alpha channel.

The problem is, as the morph progresses, image 2 fades in as expected, but image 2 remains unchanged. If I understand right, that's the behavior that should happen with the morph type Morph and Hold Image 1, but this happens when an ordinary Morph 1 to 2 type is selected; in fact, Morph and Hold Image 1 behaves exactly the same as Morph 1 to 2.

If it so happens that only one of the images has the alpha channel and that one is image 1, that works. However, if there are two images with alpha channels, or it's a multi-sequence morph, which means each image except the first and last will appear as both image 1 and image 2 during the process, that can't be used as a workaround.

Shape changes occur normally. for both images.

There are some multi-sequence morphs I'd like to do with alpha and fixed backgrounds. Is there something I'm doing that is causing this? Thanks for any help.

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Problem with morph type

Post by fantam »

In your case, you can simply choose the Sequence/Morph Type menu, and then tick the "Highlight Overlap Zone" option. In this way Image 1 will fade out during the morphing process.

rhsimard

Re: Problem with morph type

Post by rhsimard »

Super! Works like a champ now.