Upgrading process

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
rwrey

Upgrading process

Post by rwrey »

I recently purchased Fantamorph Deluxe V4.2.6 and am very impressed with the program, especially the Highlight Overlap Zone and View Triangles options. These two features make it so easy to tweak the morph to eliminate any errors, no matter how subtle they may be. The Highlight Overlap Zone alerts you to a problem and the View triangles option pinpoints the exact dot that needs to be moved to fix the overlap. Without these features it can be a hit-and-miss affair, often compounding the overlap problem.

I am entitled to a free upgrade to version 5 and I look forward to the extra features, however I would prefer to wait for the final release rather than to download the Beta version. Can you tell me when you expect the final version will be released?

On the subject of upgrading the software:-
1. Does the old version need to be uninstalled first?
2. If so, are existing projects preserved?
3. Are existing projects compatible with the the new version?

Regards
Bob

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading process

Post by fantam »

The final version will be released on Nov 19, just 3 days later. :D
We will send you the upgrade email in the next week. Thank you for your patience.
1. Does the old version need to be uninstalled first?
Not required. You actually can install both the new version and the old version on the same machine.
2. If so, are existing projects preserved?
Even if you uninstall the old version, the projects you created are preserved.
3. Are existing projects compatible with the the new version?
Sure, you can then load the existing projects with the new version without any problem.