New 5.1 Update EXCELLENT!

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
sdlawrence

New 5.1 Update EXCELLENT!

Post by sdlawrence »

Just wanted to rave, and didn't know where else to put it, thanking/praising you for the recent 5.1 update.
  • The Win7 update function notified me and worked flawlessly.
  • LOVE the keyboard shortcuts for transforming, thank you!
  • The Export movie rendering engine is now around three times faster than it was before the update. No mention of that in the update log, but very cool!
  • There was a problem which I didn't report (yet), whereupon if you selected and tried to move a group of dots (selecting the line portion of a group) the entire group would move at an exponentially faster rate than the actual mouse movement. That was fixed in 5.1, thanks!
Hoping for faster layer warps/morphs (the preview still slows to a crawl when I show more than one layer/sequence), but I'll take whatever as it comes, and have to say that this latest update has made me one happy camper.

THANK YOU FOR THE CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT AND STELLAR SUPPORT! :D

fantam
Site Admin

Re: New 5.1 Update EXCELLENT!

Post by fantam »

Thank you for your praise.
The Export movie rendering engine is now around three times faster than it was before the update.
We did improve the rendering engine a bit but what you said is far beyond our expectation. In our tests the speed increment is unobvious, but it may be obvious for your projects.
Anyway, we are more than happy to hear this from you.