Convert.

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
Absturzius

Convert.

Post by Absturzius »

Hi. I´ve been morphing for a couple of years. Used "Morphman3" then changed to "Winmorph". Started off doing ageing morphs of my daughters and have done a few of friends children. I´m putting a new website together aimed at doing these for people online.
Stumbled on your program a couple of weeks ago and tried it out. I thought "nice GUI but where´s all the fine adjustment stuff like "Winmorph" has, cant be that good" and forgot about it. Then I was doing a morph of horses heads and just couldn´t get it smooth. Having prepared over 100 photo´s I wanted to make it work so, in desperation, I loaded "Fantamorph" up and, what do you know, smooth as silk. So I took a closer look and am now a "Fantamorph" convert.

At least I will be when I´ve got the full version. One question though. Does buying the program entitle me to future updates. (I´ve read something here about version 3 allowing avi import). Your price is fair but not if every new version has to be paid for.

One feature I miss is the option to reverse duplicated pictures in the "image sequencer". Like to make young to old then back to young again.

Anyway, love the program.
Last edited by Absturzius on Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Absturzius

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Hi,
Congratulations on your excellent choice and welcome to the FantaMorph world! :D
We're proud of our software and will make it better and better in the future.

Since there will be numerous new features in the next version 3.0, we may consider charging a small update fee. However, we always give the users who send us some valued suggestions, opinions or ideas the chance to get free updates or even free products. So, we would like to give you free updates as thanks for your good suggestion. You can also send us a great morph (Flash format) to win a free product. :) I visited your site, actually, the morphs of your daughters are great!

Anyway, thank you and hope you enjoy using FantaMorph.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the prompt reply and welcome. Glad you liked the morphs. Looking foreward to making similar morphs with your program and seeing how much improvement there is.
Two more obvious suggestions for new features which have probably come up before or already planned to be implemented in the next version:-

Right mouse button=delete dot
Mouse wheel=zoom function

and I was wondering if the program can recognize when an artifact (?) is present within the morph realtime preview and, if so, could an option "insert artifact evasion dot :shock: " be implemented. Maybe it sounds too much but I´ve noticed that sometimes inserting a (more or less) random dot and playing around a bit I can alter the flow of certain groups of triangles and so get rid of the mistake. Probably not. Just a thought.

One more thing. Sometime dots right on the edge of the screen (pic) dont get recognized. `Till I pull them in a pixel or two.
So, we would like to give you free updates as thanks for your good suggestion.
Hey, was that literally meant? Guess I´ll have to get my credit card out with an offer like that.

cu

Absturzius

Post by Absturzius »

Sorry, wasn´t logged in.
One more thing while I´m here. (guess this is the wrong catergory but I´ll stay in the thread now).
It would be handy if you could make the background (or whatever) transparent from within Fantamorph to make implementing the special effects (which, btw. is a very good feature) even quicker. I would much rather load the photo in Fantamorph, loop the subject, define background transparent and morph than have to start Photoshop etc.etc.etc.....(I realize that would depend on the pic format but where possible....)

Last but not least. One of the things I liked about "Winmorph" (apart from the fact that it´s freeware.....but that´s OK. I bought Fantamorph this morning. Just waiting for the registration details) were the different ways of setting multiple dots :-square/rectangular form, elipse form and different lines. Certain feature of Fantamorph compensate (e.g. swap frames)for this and make it overall faster (talking about multiple morphs) but that is a feature which I would find useful.
Absturzius

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Many thanks for so many suggestions. Most of them have planned to be implemented in the next version though.
As you may know, we should balance the requirements of professional and nonprofessional users. We must keep the program easy to use while many powerful features should be added.
Anyway, you are very professional, your suggestions are always important to us.
BTW, thank you for your purchase. And, as I said, we will send you a free code of version 3.0 once it was released. :)