Importing AVI in Avid

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
ETWPHONHOM

Importing AVI in Avid

Post by ETWPHONHOM »

If anyone can help. When I import file into Avid Express Pro the sequence does not morph. Any suggestions? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

I'm not familiar with Avid Express Pro, but I think all video editing software should accept uncompressed AVI files without any problem. Did you export your morph as uncompressed AVI (it's the default export format in FantaMorph)? Can you play it with Windows Media Player properly?

ETWPHONHOM

Importing AVI in Avid

Post by ETWPHONHOM »

Thanks for replying. Yes, I exported uncompressed. It worked fine with the trial version but not when I purchased the Pro Version. I works fine with Media Player.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Oh, such a strange problem!
If it worked fine with the trial version, it must work fine with the purchased version. Actually, the only difference between the AVI files exported by trial version and purchased version is the former has a watermark but the latter has not.
Also, if you can play an uncompressed AVI with Windows Media Player properly, I think it should be imported to all video editing software without any problem.
Just please check the settings of Avid Express Pro.

ETWPHONHOM

Post by ETWPHONHOM »

Thank you for the advice. I discovered that I had to close the Fantamorph program altogether for the morph to render in Avid. Sorry for the trouble. Works fine now.