Image Size for Export to Final Cut Pro

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
wahoorob

Image Size for Export to Final Cut Pro

Post by wahoorob »

I've downloaded and am testing Fantamorph Deluxe. Have to say I love it, but I'm coming across this issue when I move my morphs from my Windows laptop to Mac for use in Final Cut Pro.

I'm exporting as an image sequence, then using QT to convert the sequence to a .mov file. The images look fantastic until I put them in the FCP timeline...then the bottom part of the image is stretched. It appears to have something to do with the image size I'm exporting. The images I'm using are school pictures, so if I try to export them at an NTSC size they end up being stretched disproportionately. I'm guessing that I have to prepare my images to their full size before I use Fantamorph...something that FCP usually takes care of automatically. The thing is: the image looks fine, it's just the bottom row or two of pixels that get stretched (to about 1/3 the size of the image).

Hope that makes sense. I'm using Mac OSX (updated) on a G5 2.3 dual processor/6.5G ram with the most updated versions of QT and FCP. On the Windows side it's a 2.5G laptop with 512M ram and Windows XP.

Thanks!
Rob

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

This is a simple problem.
To avoid the final movie distorted in FCP or any other video editing software, in FantaMorph you should crop the source images to match with the aspect ratio of the final movie.
For example, if the final movie size is 720 x 480 in FCP, you should set the movie size to 720 x 480 in FantaMorph and crop the source images before you export the project as Image Sequence.
See more about "How to Crop Source Image".

wahoorob

Thanks!

Post by wahoorob »

Wait...you're actually suggesting I READ the material???? Yikes!

Thanks for the direction. Again...this is by far the best morphing software I've found. I really, really wish there was an OSX version.