Automatic resize.

Users can post any suggestions regarding new features here for discussion. Don't forget to create a poll so that other users can vote on whether the suggested feature is needed.

Absturzius

Automatic resize.

Post by Absturzius »

H. Among the many fine new features in v. 3 you have built one in where, if the second picture loaded in a morph is much bigger than the first one the programm offers to resize it to fit.

I´m finding that I want to crop most pictures and I dont think there is a way to implement this resize feature once the pic has been loaded. (Even after cropping some pictures need to be optimised for size.

Perhaps the pop-up message offering to resize the picture should be activated when the first dot is to be placed.

I am aware that there is more than one way to skin a cat but I think Fantamorph is aiming to be a self-contained unit where you can "throw" raw pictures in one end and expect to carry out any alteration or effect within the program.

Something else I almost forgot to mention was the transparency thing. Isn´t it possible to build in a feature to create transparency. I know the pictures have to be converted to .png or something and is maybe a bit more complicated to include but it is needed. I know... Photoshop. But as I was saying above...
Absturzius

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Again, many thanks for your valuable suggestions.
With your support, the program is going to be more and more powerful.
Thank you, Absturzius, our brilliant friend! :D

Absturzius

Post by Absturzius »

Hi, I thought I´d mention something else which I´ve been missing. A "straighten" function would be very useful. And the only program I´ve seen with this is Google´s "Picassa". Usually this would be done by rotating the picture then you have to crop away the corners. Picassa does away with the cropping by zooming in during rotation. I think this would be ideal for Fantamorph.

cu

P.S. When flipping horizontally or vertically I think the dots ought to be flipped as well.
Absturzius