ACE Mega CodecS Pack

Users can post any suggestions regarding new features here for discussion. Don't forget to create a poll so that other users can vote on whether the suggested feature is needed.

GreyWyvern

ACE Mega CodecS Pack

Post by GreyWyvern »

I am still using the trial version of this program, but expect to buy it soon. I used to use MagicMorph, but it was so primitive, I just used it for my projects and when the trial period expired I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

I downloaded FantaMorph with the expectation that I would be doing the same thing, but the program is so feature-complete that it has impressed me into making the purchase :)

As far as the "feature request" goes for this post, I would highly recommend linking to a CODECs package such as the ACE Mega CodecS Pack. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ACE ... S_Pack.htm

Using the ACE Dashboard you can dynamically load and unload hundreds of different codecs on your machine, giving you many more options when exporting to AVI. For example, when I first installed the program, the only options for export I had were DivX 5.x.x (which was malfunctioning) and Uncompressed Frames, which gave me 200MB movies.

I opened the Dashboard and activated the Microsoft Mpeg4 Codecs (and a few others), re-started FantaMorph and now I had many more export options. The Mpeg4 option I selected reduced the 200MB output to 5MB with hardly any loss of quality.

Linking to the Mega Pack would help many people who are having trouble exporting movies using their existing CODECs, IMHO ;)

Thanks for this great program!

GreyWyvern

Post by GreyWyvern »

The K-Lite CODECs Pack http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_L ... c_Pack.htm is also a good package which has been more recently updated with new codecs than the Ace Mega pack.

celavey

Re: ACE Mega CodecS Pack

Post by celavey »

This link still works. Thanks.