Editable Preview Screen? (POLL)

Users can post any suggestions regarding new features here for discussion. Don't forget to create a poll so that other users can vote on whether the suggested feature is needed.

How important is it to you to be able to edit and preview all from a single screen?

Extremely important! Please implement it!
25%
It's not that important to me, but it would be very cool
No votes
Nice, but I don't think it would affect me either way
No votes
I can't see where it would help me that much
75%
Come on, is such a feature really needed?
No votes
Other (please post opinion)
No votes

Total votes: 4

sdlawrence

Editable Preview Screen? (POLL)

Post by sdlawrence »

Following was in another thread I started, but the more I think about it the more I want it, and think it deserves its own space, along with a poll.

My suggestion, with reasons:

I think the "Morph To" and "Preview" screens should be one and the same, if possible.

Intuitively speaking, I can't count the number of times I've wanted to click directly onto the Preview screen, as if I could select and edit dots directly from there, but have to go back to an editing view, with the small split screens, then back to Preview to see the enlarged results (I do a lot of high resolution morphs).

As of now we have CTRL-T and CTRL-M to toggle viewing of triangles and morph tracks, and it has been suggested before that Morph tracks should be viewable/hidable on other screens as well. Everything could just as easily be combined onto one "Morph To/Preview" screen. Just allow the same kinds of quick-toggle controls for viewing or hiding lines and dots (with perhaps a quick master toggle key to hide everything for rendering or faster previewing).

Then, just keep all of the editing controls intact on the Preview screen. Once all key dots are in place, I would spend most of my time editing and moving dots from a single, editable (and GIANT) Morph To/Preview screen. To me that would be the best! Talk about a simplified screen with full and absolutely dynamic control!

There would be no need to return to the other, smaller views except perhaps to add more key dots. Even then, just sliding the morph/warp slider back to the beginning of the morph/warp would offer a perfect view for where key dots needed to be added (with ALT-CLICK), so I would probably do even that from there. Slide the slider forward for the "Morph To" position to move dots/dot groups by dragging, or ALT-DRAG to move the key dot position.

sdlawrence

Re: Editable Preview Screen? (POLL)

Post by sdlawrence »

Going to lobby one more time for this one (hands and knees begging):

The Preview Only (F7) screen is a nice full resolution preview, with no zooming required. When both dots and trails are visible, the animation slider shows dots moving from the anchor positions on Image 1 to a corresponding anchor point on Image 2. Since the anchor dots on Image 1 are used to define outlines and features, I wouldn't want those to move at all from that view. I would, however, like to select and move the dots in the Preview screen no differently than if I had selected and moved the "destination" dots in image 2.

For as long as I've been using Fantamorph, you'd think I'd be accustomed to the fact that I can't select dots in the Preview Only screen, but I keep intuitively clicking on them anyway! Pleased consider my continued suggestion:

Change the name of "Preview Only" screen to "Preview", and allow selection and repositioning of Image 2 dots in that view. It doesn't even have to be fully editable (adding/deleting/grouping/etc., dots,). The editing power could be limited -- just the ability to select and move Image 2 dots from a full screen preview would be extremely useful to me.

austing

Re: Editable Preview Screen? (POLL)

Post by austing »

This would be crucial for me. Add me up please.
110%, all the time. Image