New sequence caption doesn't do it for me

Users can post any suggestions regarding new features here for discussion. Don't forget to create a poll so that other users can vote on whether the suggested feature is needed.

rwrey

New sequence caption doesn't do it for me

Post by rwrey »

I've anxiously awaited V5.1 with the added feature of a sequence caption but unfortunately it is not what I wanted.

I would like to see the option of adding more than one caption per image. This would allow the placing of two (or more) captions per image at different locations and they could morph to similar captions on the next image at the time of transition.

The new sequence caption displays for the entire sequence, ie for both Image1 and Image2, and it would be a handy feature in the right circumstances.

An example of where multiple image captions could be used is in one of my ongoing projects of my grandson's school photographs. I wish to display the school name at the top LHS of the frame and the year and his class at the top RHS of the frame. If he changes school, ie primary to high school, both captions would change and they would need to morph at the transition point (and image captions do just that). A sequence caption would show the same school name for both images in the sequence which, of course, would be wrong.

fantam
Site Admin

Re: New sequence caption doesn't do it for me

Post by fantam »

You actually can put multiple contents into one image caption, like this:
"School NameImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageYear"
Just add spaces between them to make the school name close to the left side while the year close to the right side.
You can even use multiple rows of text.
The only problem is that you can't set different font or color for them.
We'll try to improve the caption feature in future updates.

rwrey

Post by rwrey »

Thanks, I look forward to future improvements, but I have also posted in the Error Messages forum about a problem with text alignment in captions.

austing

Post by austing »

I've been playing with adding multiple contents. Not really easy to do for a newbie but a great finish product.
110%, all the time. Image