layer control

Users can post any suggestions regarding new features here for discussion. Don't forget to create a poll so that other users can vote on whether the suggested feature is needed.

ukzlocj

layer control

Post by ukzlocj »

Hi,

I've been playing around with the new layers feature and its a great addition. I would like a bit more control over the individual layers though.

Would it be possible to have some layers 'auto reverse' in preview and for movie export whilst other layers do not ? Obviously, those layers that do not auto reverse would do an extra loop.

Also, when the number of frames in the sequence (the "set movie length" option) is changed in the preview pane, whilst in a layer morph/warp it would be great if there were an option to only change the active layer. This could give the effect of different layers moving at different speeds.

Many Thanks

fantam
Site Admin

Re: layer control

Post by fantam »

ukzlocj wrote: Would it be possible to have some layers 'auto reverse' in preview and for movie export whilst other layers do not ? Obviously, those layers that do not auto reverse would do an extra loop.
Just set a curve or line like this as Feature/Shape Curve of the layers that need to be 'auto reverse', while the others have the default Feature/Shape Curve, and turn off the "Export Reverse Frames" on the Export window.
ImageImageImage
ukzlocj wrote:Also, when the number of frames in the sequence (the "set movie length" option) is changed in the preview pane, whilst in a layer morph/warp it would be great if there were an option to only change the active layer. This could give the effect of different layers moving at different speeds.
This suggestion is cool. Thanks!

ukzlocj

Post by ukzlocj »

Thanks for your fast response.

Your suggestion to use the shape/feature curve for my first request works well. I think I read in another post that you intend to include a new feature in the next full release that will allow an easy way of linking together layered sequences. This would be a great feature and would probably make the use of the curves the best long term answer to reversing the frames.

Thanks again

flogger123

Post by flogger123 »

+1 right here. Image