Multi-layer warps/morphs

Users can post any suggestions regarding new features here for discussion. Don't forget to create a poll so that other users can vote on whether the suggested feature is needed.

ukzlocj

Multi-layer warps/morphs

Post by ukzlocj »

I have used Fantamorph for some while now and am impressed by its great value, but I think this suggestion, if implemented, could make it stand out among its competitors.

Fantamorph can read multi-layer formats (like TIFF) but ignores/discards the layer information. Imagine the effects you could achieve if you could warp those layers independently ! The current 'background' feature is very effective but this suggestion would be like using the 'background' feature but having the background move as well as having multiple 'backgrounds'. Parts of the combined image that were hidden on frame 1 could gradually appear in later frames. As a simple example, imagine what the 'butterfly on a flower' sample would look like if the flower could move in the wind underneath the butterfly.

I know that to do this would be a large piece of work and could only be put in a new release, but I think the results could be staggeringly good and make Fantamorph unique among its competitors.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Thank you for the great suggestion!
We actually will offer a new feature in the next version 4.0 to achieve the effects you imagine, we may use another method though.
Anyway, thank you and look forward to your more suggestions!

ukzlocj

Post by ukzlocj »

Thanks for the good news. Can you give me an indication of when v4 will be available - and would you like any beta testing done ?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Version 4.0 will be available in the end of this year or so.
You can download a beta version and test it when it's available.

ukzlocj

Post by ukzlocj »

Thanks for the response. I noticed that R4 was not forthcoming at the end of 2006, neither was it available in June/July 2007 as suggested in another post. My original post suggested a feature that might have given you a lead over your competitors, but I note that in the intervening time this feature has already been made available in at least one other product. I think this is a pity, but you could still do it better than your competition. Have you any updates on progress ?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

The release date of version 4.0 is postponed to Oct 2007. During this year we paid attention to a very important technique that will be used in a series of our future products. Sorry for the temporary delay, and we believe this research work is worth.
Anyway, the version 4.0 is finally coming. We'll put the beta version on the forum in the next month, and the final version must be released in Oct.
Again, thank you for your continued patience.