Export Problems

Users can post any error messages or bugs that they find with the software for other users to discuss and provide a work around if any.

kowi

Export Problems

Post by kowi »

Since ~2 years I work with Fantamorph 2.1. I managed some beautiful morphs with several sequences. :)
Now, for my new video-project, I started the first sequence. It works fine and so I wanted to export the 30 pics (jpeg) of this sequence. Export started (after a short break) - the result were 30 pictures in BLACK!!! :shock:
I tried to export the actual picture - BLACK!!!

Next I loaded my recent morph-project which has been embedded in my last video - result: BLACK pictuires too !!! :x

Next I deinstalled Fantamorph, cleaned the registry and reinstalled the program, entered my licence key - result: BLACK pictures !!! :twisted:

BTW I tried to export an avi of both sequences - result: BLACK video.

Can anybody help me with this problem ?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

It looks your system has some problems with OpenGL hardware acceleration.
Here are my suggestion.

First, please make sure you are using the latest version 3.7.1. Otherwise please download the latest version from our site at http://www.fantamorph.com/download/FantaMorphSetup.exe and reinstall.

Second, choose Start/Control Panel/Display/Settings, make sure the Color quality is "Highest (32 bit)" if possible.

Third, you should update your display driver. For example, if you are using a NVIDIA card, please download the latest driver from NVIDIA site at http://www.nvidia.com , install it, restart Windows, and then try out FantaMorph again.

Last, if the problem is still not resolved, click the Tools/Export Options menu in FantaMorph, on the Export Options window, turn off the Use Hardware Acceleration switch and try again.

For particular display cards, you should even choose Start/Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Troubleshoot and slide the graphic card's hardware acceleration down from "full" towards "none". FantaMorph may be able to output your morph projects when you get halfway to "none".

kowi

Post by kowi »

Thanks for your suggestions - but nothing works.

1. I downloaded the testversion of 3.7.1 - a testmorph of 2 pictures worked without any failure. The result of the program's hardware-test was: excellent! :)
2. The Color quality is "Highest (32 bit)"
3. The NVIDIA-driver is actual 93.71
4. Hardware Acceleration switch is on (and works with 3.7.1)

There must be another problem with my 2.1-version. Notice: A few month before the export worked without failure!
BTW: Is it possible to Upgrade from 2.1 to 3.7.1 for a "light pricing"? :wink:

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

To upgrade version 2.1 to the latest version 3.7, please visit http://www.fantamorph.com/purchase.htm#upgrade. If your upgrade type is not in the list (for example, you want to upgrade from Pro 2.1 to Pro 3.7), please contact our sales at sales@fantamorph.com directly.