Run-time error '91':

Users can post any error messages or bugs that they find with the software for other users to discuss and provide a work around if any.

sdlawrence

Run-time error '91':

Post by sdlawrence »

Getting quite a few of these errors with the latest version (Deluxe):
Run-time error '91':
Object variable or With block variable not set
I can't remember what I'm doing before each crash, but I think it's consistent. It may be in the middle of adding, subtracting, lasso selecting or moving dots, or it may be in the middle of changing zoom views (animation always paused regardless). It's also quite possible that I'm placing a dot outside the image somewhere by accident (or a corresponding Image 2 dot is being added outside the image area).

Next crash I'll try to pay more attention, and post here if I figure it out. Anyway, I'll get that error message, and FantaMorph closes each time. Happens a few times a day, so I'm constantly hitting CTRL-S to make sure I get the latest save.

Version: FM Deluxe 5 (latest updates installed)

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Run-time error '91':

Post by fantam »

Thank you for your bug report. It would be helpful if you can record the steps to reproduce this bug. Anyway, we'll focus on this issue and try to resolve it as soon as possible.

sdlawrence

Post by sdlawrence »

Found it. I worked error free for a long, long time, and just got it to crash.

Hitting the right hand scroll bar in the Image 2 window did it. I had the dot selector selected and was moving dots in the Image 2 window (warp single image mode). The spot I wanted to move the dot to was just down and out of reach. As soon as I touched the right hand scroll bar to scroll down just a tad I got the crash and error message mentioned in the original post.

rwrey

Post by rwrey »

I get the same error message when I click the UP or DOWN arrow in the scroll bar in any of the three windows, and it doesn't matter what tool you have selected.

PS It doesn't matter what project type either Ie warp, morph, seq morph.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Thank you both for the bug report. We have noticed it and will fix it with the coming update.

sdlawrence

Post by sdlawrence »

For those wanting a workaround until a fix is submitted, you can use the dragging slide bars all you want, with no failures. Just avoid touching the paging arrows on either side of the slide bars. That is the only function that can cause a crash.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Today we have just released the update version 5.0.5. Major bugs including this one in the first release of version 5 have been fixed.

rwrey

Post by rwrey »

I'm running V5.0.1 and if I check for updates I'm informed that I'm running the latest version. Where is V5.0.5?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

rwrey wrote:I'm running V5.0.1 and if I check for updates I'm informed that I'm running the latest version. Where is V5.0.5?
You may encountered a temporary glitch when connect the update server. Just try again. Also, you can download the full setup program of version 5.0.5 from http://www.fantamorph.com/download.htm and reinstall.

rwrey

Post by rwrey »

I've tried to update quite a few times over the past 3 days with the same response, so I don't think a glitch is the problem.

Edit: I get the same response on two computers, one running Windows XP SP3 & the other Windows 7 64-bit.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

rwrey wrote:I've tried to update quite a few times over the past 3 days with the same response, so I don't think a glitch is the problem.
Edit: I get the same response on two computers, one running Windows XP SP3 & the other Windows 7 64-bit.
If so, please send us the update log file C:\Program Files\Abrosoft\FantaMorph5\UpdateClient_Log.html to support@fantamorph.com, we'll find out.
Note, for the Windows 7 system, you must download the full setup program of version 5.0.5 and reinstall to fix the file permission problem in 5.0.0 and 5.0.1.

sdlawrence

Post by sdlawrence »

Didn't even notice that an update was out! My "About" screen also said 5.01, but checking for updates reported that I was running the latest version. I downloaded and reinstalled smoothly, no more error 91, thank you!

rwrey

Post by rwrey »

If others have this problem on an XP system the following advice from FantaMorph Support solved it for me.
Exit FantaMorph then delete these two files:-
"C:\Program Files\Abrosoft\FantaMorph5\UpdateClient_Log.html"
"C:\Program Files\Abrosoft\FantaMorph5\UpdateClient_Status.xml"
Run FantaMorph again and auto-update should indicate an update is available.

For Windows 7 system:-
Fantam wrote:
Note, for the Windows 7 system, you must download the full setup program of version 5.0.5 and reinstall to fix the file permission problem in 5.0.0 and 5.0.1.