V5 - Still no morph from video to video?

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
Mike Shaw

V5 - Still no morph from video to video?

Post by Mike Shaw »

Very disappointed to see the spec for the new version 5 - although full of new 'features ( of which the layer option is the most interesting from my viewpoint), there is still no capability to morph from one video clip to another video clip - so a walking male can transform to a walking female for example. I mentioned this way back - a couple of versions ago: the methodology should be quite straightforward, based on a starting point of both clips having exactly the same number of frames: the 'dots' placed on say the first frame are transposed to the second frame when that is selected - where they can then be adjusted to the new positions, and so on throughout the sequence.

This was achieved ages ago in Windows 95 wih 'Morph Studio', at one time in the hands of Sierra. it must be possible now with Win 7.

Being able to morph video clip to video clip opens up a complete new world of creativity for videographers. And will have practical application in movies of all kinds: 'static' transforms - from one still picture to another - don't really cut it I'm afraid.

Is it really not going to be on the cards here?
Mike

fantam
Site Admin

Re: V5 - Still no morph from video to video?

Post by fantam »

Don't be disappointed, on the contrary, you can expect a better video to video morphing product in the near future.
We realized that video to video morphing should not be a part of FantaMorph, which is mainly designed for image to image morphing. We are actually working on a new product that is dedicated for video to video morphing.
the methodology should be quite straightforward, based on a starting point of both clips having exactly the same number of frames: the 'dots' placed on say the first frame are transposed to the second frame when that is selected - where they can then be adjusted to the new positions, and so on throughout the sequence.
Yes, this is straightforward. However, if users have to do this work fully manually, it's really time consuming and annoying.
In version 5, you can find how easily, quickly and comfortably to create face morphing with the intelligent tool, Face Locator, which can place key dots on human faces fully automatically, while the result is quite good.
In our new video to video morphing product, we will bring such intelligent tools, that can place key dots on a series of frames intelligently and automatically...
So, we spend more time to research and develop the product, users spend less time and receive a better experience when use the product. This is why you have to wait more time for the new video to video morphing product. :wink:

Mike Shaw

Post by Mike Shaw »

Wonderful news! Please keep me posted on progress because I will be there up front ready to buy as soon as its ready!

Also good to hear you are bringing in 'automation' for the 'dot positioning' on each frame: should be room for manual adjustment as well of course, but the principle sounds excellent to remove what, as you say, is a lot of work!

Would warping also be part of the capabilities? (a little icing on the cake!).

Looking forward to hearing more ...
Mike

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Sorry we can't talk more about a future product in this public place as it's kind of technical secret. :wink:
If you have any suggestions or ideas for the video to video morphing software, please contact us at support@fantamorph.com.

Mike Shaw

Post by Mike Shaw »

No problem. I beta (and alpha) test video editing programmes, so know just how much 'under wraps' stuff has to be. There is just one thing that occured to me that would be a good feature to have - though implementation may be for a later version now - I'll email you.
Mike