Anchor points for warping

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
Titan_rw

Anchor points for warping

Post by Titan_rw »

Hi.

I have a question about anchor points used for warping.

I realize you can add a key dot holding ALT to force the same placement in the other image instead of it using the triangle 'mesh' for placement. This is useful.

I'm wondering if there is a way to correct that anchor dot on both images simultaneously after it's been placed? For example, I drop 10 key-dots using ALT, to set anchor points for my warp. Then I need to move those 10 anchor points while watching the real-time preview. Can I move BOTH sets of 10 anchor points at the same time? If not, how do I move the second set of anchor points to be exactly the same as the first? Even using the "grid" feature, it takes a long time to get them lined up. I never seem to get them perfect.

Also, I assume there's no way for "IMAGE 2" to show the resulting warp? I like the real-time preview, but it would be more usefull if the key dots were overlayed onto the realtime result. It would be easier to adjust the key dots if the image underneath the dots changed. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Anchor points for warping

Post by fantam »

For now, you can't move both sets of 10 anchor points at the same time. In fact, from my experiences, you rarely need to move anchor points. If you really want to move an anchor point, just right-click to delete it, and then click on a new place to create a new one instead.

It's really a nice suggestion to show resulting warp in the "IMAGE 2" window. We'll try to add this feature in a future update. Thank you!