Hardware acceleration with two video cards

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
Titan_rw

Hardware acceleration with two video cards

Post by Titan_rw »

Hi again.

After using fantamorph for a while now, I wanted to try out the preview window on a second monitor. My primary video card does best driving a single large monitor, so I purchased a second video card to drive a smaller lcd.

The problem is that fantamorph doesn't seem to support OpenGL acceleration when the preview window is on the second monitor. As soon as I select 'dual view', and move the preview window to the second monitor, there is no update at all when moving the time slider. If I disable HW acceleration in options, restart fantamorph, preview on the second monitor works, but is of course quite slow compared to HW accel on.

The second video card I got was fairly inexpensive because I don't intend on playing games. I thought it would have been enough for HW acceleration. I got an Nvidia 8400 GS 512meg. What is the hardware requirements for OpenGL?

Titan_rw

Re: Hardware acceleration with two video cards

Post by Titan_rw »

Nevermind.

I got it working with the second video card.

There was an option in the NVidia control panel specific to OpenGL and multi monitors. Changed that, and everything is good. Interesting that the GeForce 8400 does just as well in fantamorph as my dual gpu 295.

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Hardware acceleration with two video cards

Post by fantam »

Glad to hear that. In our test, we use only one card to drive dual monitors. Now I realized that the FantaMorph program can also work with two video cards. :)